Back from vacation and have been engaged by a VERY COOL company in Chicago. This client will allow a candidate here in Boston to commute home on weekends for the first few months, before commiting their family to the move to IL (fully paid for). Just a fantastic opportunity.
Vice President – Software Engineering
Our client, a 15+ year old, wildly profitable, privately-held software company, growing 40% YOY for the past 3 years, has engaged us to locate a VP of Software Engineering, reporting to the CEO.
Our client’s products help their customers improve their business through quantitative marketing. This hire will lead a team of 10-12 developers to improve and extend their industry leading suite of web-based marketing planning and analysis tools.
Client is located in the greater Chicago area (Evanston, IL –waterfront offices), and will offer both a full relocation package (moving, temporary housing) as well as a period of telecommute/executive apartment from your non-local Chicago location to ensure a quality long-term fit.
Team is filled with advanced degrees from blue-chip schools – looking for someone who has the experience to lead a data-intensive, high-end engineering team.
Salary/bonus package to $205k (to 175k base, 20% bonus)
- Lead a team of 10-12 creative developers to improve and extend our industry leading suite of web-based marketing planning and analysis tools
- Lead performance tuning and usability refinement of our existing tools
- Lead the architecting, design, detailed specification, and implementation of future analytic applications for our clients
- Lead the establishment of industry best practices in web development for an organization that has for most of its history invested mostly in analytics
- BS or preferably MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field from a tier one university (e.g. Ivy League, CMU, Stanford, MIT, Berkeley, academic Big Ten, etc)
- Track record leading successful development of high performance .NET and SQL Server systems
- Experience and skill hiring, managing, and leading web developers, SQL Server developers, and QA analysts
- Strong technical knowledge of .NET web applications and SQL Server systems
- Experience implementing effective QA strategies, practices, and processes
- Experience with real-time data systems and/or systems that have an analytic component a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- 100% paid medical, life, disability, and dental insurance
- Three weeks vacation
- SIMPLE IRA plan
Qualified applicants should send their resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line “Chicago VP search”
Keywords: VP, Vice President, VP Software Engineering, VP Software Development, .NET, C#, scott dunlop, the Bivium group